Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the CHSL exam on the following dates – 25 September 2016, 9 October 2016 & 16 October 2016. The application procedure will be started from 2nd July 2016. Candidates can check the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and Selection Process below.
It is a always good preparation to know early the exam pattern of SSC CHSL Exam 2016. Knowing the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016 will help you to understand the number of sections.also it helps in knowing which section is going to be toughness and easy.
So All Applying candidates read this post carefully and know your exam pattern provided by freeresult –
About this Post - Overview
SSC CHSL Exam pattern 2016 – For Written Examination
- The question paper of SSC CHSL Exam consist 4 sections as –
1. General Intelligence
2. English Language
3. Quantitative Aptitude
4. General Awareness or GK
- The Questions type will be objective.there will be 200 questions for 200 marks.
- Question paper will be in English & Hindi for sections – 1, 3 & 4.
- Exam Duration : 2:00 hours. (for visually handicapped candidates : 160 mins)
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016 with Subject name and Marks wise –
|1||General Intelligence (Basic Knowledge)||50||50|
|2||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||50||50|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||50||50|
|4||General Awareness (Current Affairs)||50||50|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016 – For Skill & Typing Test
After you Qualify the written exam. The Skill & typing test round will be conducted.There will be separate test for the post of LDC and DEO in the form of Skill test and Typing test.
More Details about this Test in SSC CHSL Exam Pattern are given here –
1. Skill Test for Data Entry Operator – DEO
- Test will be about “Typing”.
- You must maintain a data entry speed of about 7500 words per hour on the computer.
- Speed of 7500 key entries/hour on the computer will be judged. which will be on base of correct entry of typed words.
2. Typing Test for LDC & Postal Assistant
- This test will be conducted in English and Hindi.
- The speed will be judged on the accuracy of typing on the computer.
- English Medium Candidates must have a typing speed about 35 words per minute.
- English Medium Candidates must have a typing speed about 30 words per minute.
SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus 2016 – For Written Examination
There will be total 4 section in the written exam of SSC CHSL Exam Pattern. we have described all sections here –
Section 1: General Intelligence in SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
Questions type – both verbal & non-verbal
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Figural Analogy
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Drawing inferences
- Number Series
- Semantic Trends
- Figural Series Space Orientation, Semantic classification
- Emotional Intelligence
- Critical Thinking
- Figural Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Building
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Embedded figures
- Problem Solving
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and de-coding
- Other numerical operations
Section 2: English Language in SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- Comprehension Passage
- Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spot the Error
- Synonyms/Homonyms Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Cloze Passage
Section 3: Quantitative Aptitude in SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship.
- Graphs of Linear Equations between numbers.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems).
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities.
Section 4: General Awareness in SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness about the environment around and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events
- The test will also include questions related to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic, General Policy and scientific research.
So we have given you described details about SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016,Prepare well for your exam.
SSC CHSL Selection Procedure 2016 – with all Steps
The Selection process of SSC CHSL 2016 includes two steps:
- Step I: Written Examination – Objective Type (200 Marks)
- Step II: Skill Test (Candidates who qualify the written examination will be called for typing test).
For More Details about the SSC CHSL Selection Process – Click Below
If you need any other details regarding SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and Selection Process,then comment now.
One of our team member will reply you shortly.SHARE it Now for More Updates..